9.29.2006

Growing up in a super-literate world

Here I am, only 19 (and a half) months old, and I'm learning my alphabet!
This is a video of me saying the letters after Daddy. (Except for C, I jumped the gun on that one and instead of repeating B just went right on to C! My Grandma Ward works on the alphabet with me, so I've got those first few letters down!)


Just a couple clarifications:
  • When I get to N, what I say seems to make me think of the word "Nana", so then I get stuck on that a little.
  • It appears that Daddy needs to work a little on his alphabet too -- he forgot Q!
  • When I keep pointing to the camera and saying "baby", that's because Mami lets me look at the pictures we've taken - what did children do before there were digital cameras?!
  • And my mother the linguist is fascinated by my clearly still-developing vocal tract, how hard I have to work to make some sounds and how some sounds still don't come out just right. (But she's still really impressed with how smart I am!)

4 comments:

Bonnie W. Johnson said...

David loved Resli's alphabet video. He stopped nursing, stood up, and laughed several times. hugs Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Lovely young lady!

Granddaddy and Grandma

Dr. L said...

Adorable! Listening to Resli reminded me of an article I just read in Cookie magazine about raising bilingual kids:
http://www.cookiemag.com/brain/kidhealth/2006/09/bilingual

Anonymous said...

Now I know what to get Harvey for his birthday, too.