5.13.2008

Family vacation in Denver, Colorado

Last weekend we all went to Denver to visit my Uncle Adam, who's there working with the Democratic National Convention. It was our first trip as a family of four, and I was very excited about it!
We drove to Tampa and then took an airplane to Colorado. I got to sit by the window so I could see us fly, but I was also interested in the books I brought with me. Lela hung out with Daddy and Mami, but I got my own seat.

We had a great hotel there where I had my own room and my very own bed. There was a living room area too, where I could sit and play. I got a whole set of princess jewelry to play dress up with, and I did dress up quite a bit.

I also enjoyed the dishtowels as dressup toys though. In this picture below, I have "glass slippers" and a "beautiful blue ball gown" on, just like in the Cinderella story. Nobody can say I lack imagination, that's for sure.

Of course, sometimes we just sat and played. I had to help keep Lela company because she's not as used to traveling to strange places as I am. We were glad to have each other.

One day we drove up into the mountains. We were up high, like 8000 feet, and there was a lot of snow up there! We don't see much snow down here in Florida, so that was exciting.

We got to Red Rock park and walked around there some. It was windy, though, and sometimes the wind freaks me out a little, so I was happy to have Daddy there to comfort me.

Here's a picture of all of us who were there:
Mami, Lela, me, Daddy, Uncle Adam, Aunt Melissa, Uncle Mathias, Nana and cousin Chris.

And, of course, we had to get a Ward family photo, since we keep changing so much!

It was a great family vacation, and I was so happy to see my aunts and uncles and cousins and nana. . . I miss you all already!

1 comment:

Dr. L said...

What fun pics! I'm glad y'all had such a great trip to Denver!