2.05.2007

My 2nd Birthday party

My real birthday isn't for a few more days, but we had a party to celebrate this past weekend. I was so happy to have everyone come to my party - Mami and Daddy, of course, were there, and so were Grandma and Granddaddy Ward, Aunt Liz and Uncle Brian, Nana, Aunt Melissa and Uncle Mathias, Rori and Peter and Max, Theresa and Erica! (Poor David was sick, so he and his parents Bonnie and Joaquim couldn't make it. :( We hope he's doing better now!)

I got all dressed up in my special party dress and my princess shoes. Don't I look pretty?

Then we had lunch, and Max and I had a tea party. Max said he was having 'soup', but I thought it was tea. Must be a guy thing...

After lunch we opened presents. Everyone was so nice to me, I got some wonderful books and toys and clothes. Thank you, everyone!

My Aunt Liz and Uncle Brian gave me my first pair of Vans - they're pink with kitty cats on them. Pretty snazzy, eh?

Then we had CAKE! As you can tell from the hats, we had a whole Elmo theme going on. Look at the awesome cake Mami made me! It's Elmo! (She's very proud of her cake...)

I needed a little help blowing out my candles -- I had two whole candles, you see, and that's double the number of candles I had last year! But with Mami and Daddy's help, we blew them out and cut the cake up and everyone got to eat some. It was delicious!

What a wonderful party it was. I even learned the "happy birthday" song and sang it over and over. And in case you were wondering, I'm STILL singing it, over and over...

(PS - There are many many pictures from my party that didn't make it on to the blog. But if you want to see them, including a whole "making the Elmo cake" series, they are at www.dropshots.com/glordward.)

No comments: