5.02.2006

Surgery Day - May 2nd

Today was my surgery. I had my adenoids removed and had tubes put in both ears. We had to get to the operating room really early, at 7:30 in the morning. So I stayed in my pajamas, and so did Beba.

We had to wait a long time, but at least there were a few good books to read in the waiting room. Let me tell you that I was NOT at all happy about having that hospital bracelet on my wrist, by the way. Not fun at all.

Finally we went back into the pre-op room and I got into my hospital gown. Even the nurses said I was very cute in it...

The only problem is that it provides so little cover in the back, what indecency!

And then to make matters worse they had to take my blood pressure with this tiny little pressure cuff.

Nope, I was not happy about that either. But then I got some drops in my nose and forgot what I was sad about. In fact, I forgot to think about much of anything.

Next thing I knew, I was waking up in the recovery room. I was asleep for about an hour, and it took me about an hour and a half to fully come out of that drug-haze -- I was pretty unhappy waking up. I had this tube blowing oxygen in my face, cotton stuffed in both ears, a stitch on my eyelid, a pulse-oximeter on my finger and an IV in my hand. Would you like to wake up this way?

But in the end I woke up and everything was fine. Here I am in the car home, mostly awake and mostly peaceful. And now, at 5 in the afternoon, I feel pretty good. I'm a little wobbly still, but I'm happy and smiling and pretty much over it all. And hopefully, I'm going to be a healthy little girl from now on! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kate UF said...

Resli looked adorable in her hospital gown and that big smile, what a sport!!
I'm so happy things went well!!