1.18.2008

Lela's baptism

Hi blogfans! I've been very busy lately, which is why I haven't been posting too much. But I wanted to tell you about an exciting event we had last weekend - my baby sister Lela got baptized!
We got her all dressed up in a pretty white dress (that I wore for my baptism almost three years ago) - doesn't she look nice?

We tried to put her in a bonnet too, that Mrs. Cauthon made her, but that didn't last long. It's a good look for a pilgrim though, don't you think?

Anyway, we all went to the church. Uncle Adam and Aunt Melissa were here to help celebrate:

And so were Aunt Liz and Uncle Brian:

Melissa got the privilege of looking after me (read: trying to control me) during the ceremony. I'll bet that was her favorite part of the day!

And the ceremony went really well, I thought. I did have to tell Lela not to be scared when Reverend Loch poured that water on her head, but we all survived with a smile.
Afterwards, we went out to brunch. (And see, of course Grandma and Granddaddy were there too! I just didn't get them in a picture until after church.)

Aaaaaah, BRUNCH! My favorite meal - Uncle Adam and I can agree on that!

Congratulations, Lela! And to my family members - it was great to see you! Come back to visit me soon please!

No comments: