1.01.2008

My new BIG GIRL bed!

Happy New Year everyone!
I started off 2008 with a very exciting development: a big girl bed in my room! I've been such a good sleeper lately that Mami and Daddy decided to set me up in a real bed. (Besides, my baby sister Lela sleeps in a crib, and I'm a much bigger girl than she is, so it's only right for me to have my own bed.)
The first step was to move the futon that's been in my room so we could make space for the bed. I was so anxious that I tried to move it all by myself.

Then we had to get the parts of the bed set up. I was very helpful with this stage too.

After that we had to measure the frame and get the right size board to go under the mattress. Thank goodness I was there with my trusty tape measure.

At last we got the mattress set up - look how high up I am! Whee!

And then we put sheets on and made it all pretty. They're Dora sheets, of course. And at long last, the moment I was waiting for... aaaah, relaxing in my very own bed.

This is so great!

I even took a nap in my bed all by myself, I went to sleep and everything. It must be because this bed used to be my Mami's when she was a little girl. I'm so glad Nana brought it here in her car so that I could use it!

1 comment:

Dr. L said...

Very cool! Especially the Dora sheets. I bet you will sleep well tonight in your new bed!