3.20.2007

New bathtime fears

I used to LOVE the bath. All of a sudden, though, I decided towards the end of last week that it wasn't fun anymore. I got really scared of getting my hair washed, especially, but I cried and screamed and hated every minute of it, and just wanted to get out. I even talk about it during the day ("lie back, look up at the sky, Resli's OK, no hurt you").
We decided one night to try having Mami take a bath with me. As you can see, I wasn't much happier, although it was a little less traumatic.

Since then, Mami's done some research on the Internets and discovered that: a) this is VERY normal for my age; b) we've already tried most of the things the "experts" recommend to get over this fear; and c) the general consensus is that this is a very real fear to a two-year-old and so it should be respected. In other words, continuing to insist on a bath is not a good idea. So for now, no more baths. I got my hair washed in th kitchen sink tonight and then took a quick sponge bath before putting my pajamas on. We hope this phase doesn't last long...

3 comments:

Kate UF said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!! Is this the cutest picture I have ever seen!!! YES!!!!!!!!!
Besos,
Kate

kristen said...

Don't worry, Resli (and mom and dad)! Nathan has gone through this phase a couple of times at various ages. And I, too, have had too put on my bathing suit and bathe with him. It will pass! :-)

Erica said...

I had to take a shower with Isabel for 6 months or so. Now, she loves it and gets in by herself. I have to beg her to come out.