7.19.2008

The dog days of summer

Well folks, the dog days of summer are here and it's really hot and humid. We gals (Daddy was still away) sought some relief this afternoon.
Our first stop was to get some nice cold helado ("ice cream"). I got strawberry, yum!

Lela didn't get any, but she seemed ok with just a spoon. At least it was air conditioned.

Then we went to campus to my favorite fountain to play in the water and cool off. I marched around and through the water and it felt great!



Lela enjoyed watching me, she thought it was really funny!

In fact, she liked it so much that we let her get close to the water too.

She didn't actually go in, but she got wet enough to cool off. And she threw her pacifier in to the water, see? Silly girl, I had to run in and get it for her.
It's still pretty hot, but we had a great afternoon and kept our cool!

1 comment:

Dr. L said...

Sounds like a fun afternoon. And, I'm so jealous of that nice fountain on campus -- I wish we had one at USC!