7.05.2008

Jenifer & Vlad's wedding

Today was a very special day - it was my teacher Ms. Jenifer's wedding, and we were all invited. It was at the beautiful Thomas Center in downtown Gainesville. (Lela was invited too, but someone had to stay home and keep Grandma and Granddaddy company, you know?)
We got there a little early so we played by the fountain. I was all dressed up in my new party dress, so I was as happy as could be.

Daddy was wearing his "dashing blue jacket" as I like to call it, and he looked very handsome too.

Mami had a beautiful ball gown as well. We were all very excited about the fancy evening out!

Before the wedding started, we went inside to use the restroom, and Daddy and I took a few moments to practice our dance moves in the hallway.

You'll NEVER guess who came in to use the bathroom too... Ms. JENIFER! I was so excited to see her that I had to give her a big hug and a kiss. Doesn't she look beautiful? I told her she looked just like a princess.

The ceremony was outside, and then while they were taking pictures my friends and I ran around, explored, and generally acted like 3-year-olds up after their bedtime.

Then we finally went inside and you'll never believe this but there was a dance floor in there! My friends and I had a great time dancing and running around. We even left Ms. Jenifer alone for almost long enough for her and Vlad to eat dinner.

After dinner, I think Ms. Jenifer forgot it was her wedding and thought we were in Circle Time at school! We all sat down on the floor with her.

But then we got up for more dancing. We all wanted to dance with Ms. Jenifer.

But she had a lot of people to dance with, so I had to content myself with dancing with Mami. As I keep saying, "Mami and I danced up a storm!" She showed me how to do the YMCA dance, and I even sang along a little too.

And we learned to dance the electric slide too. (Sort of.)

This deserves a closer look:

Clearly, I was having a blast. This may have been the most wonderful night of my life so far!
I'm exhausted but exhilarated. I'm now sound asleep in my bed ... still in my party dress! It was so nice of Ms. Jenifer to invite us all to her wedding, wasn't it?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is too wonderful. The bride, the dancing, the classmates, the super pictures, and the narrative. What a treat! If Jennifer had half as good a time as Resli, she is one lucky bride.
xo
Nana

Dr. L said...

Love the kids dancing. Seems like a fun day. And, Gillian I love your dress!!!! Looks great on you.