10.24.2008

Introduction to autumn

Mi querida Reslita-
You have the joy of growing up (so far) in an almost-tropical climate where the leaves are green for pretty much 10 months of the year. (There's that one day in late January when they all turn brown and then fall off the next day, but other than that, we get green most of the time.) Anyway, when I was your age (oh gosh when did I become someone who starts sentences with 'when I was your age...'????), I lived in a different place where we had these things called SEASONS. (:->) Right about now is the season called autumn and in many climates the leaves turn all kinds of beautiful colors in autumn, like red and orange and yellow.
Here in Quebec, it's autumn, and all the leaves are lovely colors (although some are already falling off). I took this picture for you so you can see what autumn looks like in other parts of the world.

I miss you, cariño, muchísimo. Here's a picture of me waving to you and Lela.
Besos, amor, te veo muy pronto.
~Mami

No comments: