11.04.2008

Election day gals

Lela and I wore our red white and blue today in honor of election day. (And of course my princess hat. Did you wear your princess hat?)

I'm pretty excited about this election. I recognize both candidates and have discussed with Mami and Daddy the pros and cons of each. I've helped Lela learn about Democrats and Republicans, too, as well as this whole Electoral College deal.

And without revealing who I voted for, when I see my preferred candidate's signs, I say "Yes we can!" and "¡Sí se puede!" (or sometimes "Yes we puede" if I get a little bilingually confused...)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Resli and Lela (and Mami and Dadi), It has been a week to remember: YES WE DID came first ... stomping and chomping Georgia. Then came YES WE CAN ... stomping and chomping and uprooting all the weedy Bushies. Hooray for all of us!!! You ladies look very good in red (and orange and blue). See you soon. GD DICK