2.08.2009

Happy Birthday to ME!

I can't believe the day finally arrived! I'm four years old today! I came running in to Mami and Daddy's room first thing this morning shouting, "It's my birthday! I'm 4!" and insisted on opening my presents then and there. My sister Lela got me a Snow White costume, which is all I'd said I wanted for weeks. And Mami and Daddy got me an Ariel costume. What a Disney kind of day!

Grandma and Granddaddy came over for some bagels this morning and to wish me a happy birthday too.

Silly Lela, she really got in to her cream cheese! (Can you see it on her eye?)

And then after a short rest (ha ha, no napping), it was finally time for my party. We had it at the Florida Museum of Natural History, and invited all my friends from my class and a few others too!
I was there to welcome my friends as they came. Sometimes I even greeted them before grabbing the presents they generously brought for me.

Everyone got to make a name button for themselves, even Lela.

And there were coloring activities with drawings of all kinds of fish. (Our theme was "Something Fishy" because it goes so well with my Little Mermaid obsession.)

We also made shark fins for ourselves and put them on our backs. They paired nicely with the fishy party hats Mami brought, too.

I refused to wear my fin, but did wear the hat for a little bit.

Then our party leader, Ms. Gwen, told us about sharks and fish,

and then took us on an adventure through the museum. We got to see all kinds of fish (and fishy related) exhibits.

There were exhibits about diving for fish.

And about the cultures that live on fish.

And then, finally, it was time for cake! Mami lit the candles on Ariel.

And Daddy and everyone else sang Happy Birthday to me! I thought that was great, I looked around the room and yelled, "Thank you, everyone!"

And then, blogfans, we ate cake!

Boy was it good!

It was a fabulous (but exhausting!) party. And, I got some amazing thoughtful presents from my friends. Funny how most people know I'm in to princesses, how do you think they knew?

And so, blogfans, this four year old reports having had an absolutely amazing day. Happy birthday to me!

3 comments:

Dr. L said...

Happy Birthday Resli. Looks like you had a very fun day and party!

Unknown said...

It's going to be hard to top this one!
xo
Nana

Melissa said...

What a great party! It sounds like you had a great birthday, Resli--I'm so happy! (And you look beautiful in your Snow White and Ariel costumes!)
xo M