2.07.2009

My birthday cake!

Blogfans, you know my Mami is in to making me cakes, right? Remember for my 2nd birthday I had an Elmo cake:

And for my 3rd birthday, I had a Dora cake:

I bet you'll never guess what kind of cake I wanted this year... Yep, a PRINCESS cake! I decided I wanted Ariel, so Mami (good sport that she is!) agreed.
Just so you can see some of the work that goes in to these things, this is what it looked like out of the oven. Do you see any resemblance to Ariel? Nope, me neither.

Of course, flipped over it's a little better. But there's still not a whole lot of detail visible, and for the non-artistic types like Mami, this poses a bit of a challenge!

But she did the best she could, and here's the final product. Ariel looks a little startled, and kind of like her lips are melting, but Mami has promised not to quit her day job in favor of cake decorating, so it's OK that it's not perfect.

I can't wait to eat it at my party with all my friends tomorrow! Which part do you think I should eat?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG. Mami must have stayed up all night! It's fabulous! Go for the yellow flower, and Happy Birthday!
xo
Nana

Dr. L said...

Quite the talent! I'm impressed!

Melissa said...

Good job Mami!! I'm impressed.