2.26.2009

My first dance recital

As you know, I've been taking dance lessons at school every week. Today was our last class, and we invited our parents to come see what we've been doing. Mami and Daddy were very excited, and I was thrilled to have them there. Here's some of the stuff we did:
First, we started off standing on our Xs, like we always do. (And of course we're all in our dance outfits!)

Then we had to do some stretching. Side to side...

...and our legs, too, of course.

Then we lay on our backs and stretched everything. (Note that I, however, am on my stomach... Whatever works.)

Then we did a little yoga pose to stretch the back muscles.

And we limbered up our toes.

And practiced balancing on one foot. At this point, I claimed that mermaids can't stand on one foot because, well, they don't have any feet, so this was an exceptionally difficult task for me. But I did the best I could.

Then, the fun began! We lined up by the wall and waited for our turns to do the steps we've been learning.

First, I got to chassé with Aner:

Then Savannah and I flitted like butterflies:

Then we practiced what we called a jazz walk (but yea, it looks pretty much just like the other two, doesn't it?)

And then we got to show off our routine, which we've learned to a Beach Boys tune:

After that there was some free time to run and leap.

Mami and Daddy loved my show, and the other parents did too.
I am one happy ballerina today!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is too wonderful! I wish I could have been there.
xo
Nana

Melissa said...

Resli, you're a beautiful ballerine! It looks like it was a great recital. Cousin Atticus and Uncle Mathias and I wish we could have been there to see you. Congratulations!
xoxo

Dr. L said...

What a beautiful recital. you did a great job Resli! Your family is certainly proud of you!