7.15.2009

Weeki Wachee!

You guys may not have known this, but mermaids are real. I didn't think they were either, until today, when I saw them with my own two eyes.
We took a special trip, just me and Daddy and Mami, to a magical place a couple hours south of here called Weeki Wachee. I had been so excited about going that my parents thought I was going to give myself a coronary, so the long drive down was difficult for me. But finally we made it, and even in their parking lot there were mermaids!
The first thing we did, the main attraction, was wait to see the mermaids swimming in the springs. I was sooooo excited!

And the show was awesome! The pictures didn't come out too well but I wanted you to see that there were real live mermaids swimming underwater putting on a show for us!

Singing too!
That was just about the best thing ever. I even told Mami it was better than Disney. ("Well, Disney was good, but they didn't have, like, mermaids. You know?")
The other attraction is a nice boat ride down the river from the springs. We had to wait a while on the dock.
Daddy and I used the time to hang out and talk.

He pretended he was going to throw me in the water! And I fell for it every single time.

Oh Daddy, you're so silly!
Then we took the boat ride and saw all kinds of neat stuff, fish and turtles and cool birds. The guide explained it all to us as we went.
It was nice and all. But can I remind you that I SAW MERMAIDS TODAY!??!?
(Aren't you jealous?)

5 comments:

Dr. L said...

Wow - I've never seen one! Sounds like a lot of fun.

Melissa said...

Wow, I want to see mermaids!

These pictures are gorgeous, and you look more and more like your mother every day!

Amy S said...

Your life is so exciting. Sometimes I worry your face is going to crack in half from all the excitement. This one really took the cake. I wonder how long it will be before the connection is made that YOU can have a career as a mermaid, too?

Gillian Lord Ward said...

Oh, there's a SUMMER CAMP there where they swim in the springs with the mermaids, get mermaid outfits, etc. You have to be 7, but Resli's already counting the days!

Amy S said...

There goes college.