2.25.2005

What a busy week it's been!

I've had quite an exciting week. Last Friday, my umbilical cord fell off, which seemed to cause all kinds of happiness (and a few "eeew"s too) around me. Apparently, that's a big deal. But also, that meant that I could have my first tub bath, which I didn't even hate. I almost liked it! Mom and Dad wanted to take pictures of it, but they were too busy bathing me. Maybe next time.
My grandma Nancy left on Sunday, but I hope she'll come back soon. Then, Daddy went back to work part time starting Monday, leaving me and Mommy home alone. We were fine, we hung out and did a little work, and slept and ate. We had fun.
Tuesday, Mommy took me to the postpartum luncheon at the hospital, where I would have met all kinds of babies and moms if I hadn't slept through the whole thing. Maybe I'll wake up next week and see if I can learn any new tricks.
Yesterday was my longest day yet. We went to see the doctor in the morning, which is always scary. But the good news is that I now weigh 6 lbs 6 oz! The doctor said my weight gain was excellent! Everyone was very excited. I also grew another 3/4" longer! After that, we went to UF to visit where Mommy and Daddy work. There were a lot of people and everyone said I was really cute (of course!), but it was soooo much input that I ended up sleeping through most of that too. We also went out to lunch, but I don't remember that either. As far as I'm concerned, lunch is wherever Mommy is...
Finally, my Aunt Melissa came to visit yesterday. I know we're going to have lots of fun together!
Here are some pictures so you can see how big I'm getting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the news and the wonderful pictures! Grandma Nancy is having bad withdrawal symptoms. She misses her Resli time a lot and admits to being somewhat jealous of Aunt Melissa. Oh yeah. She misses Resli's parents too.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this blog. Thank you so much for doing it! We are amazed at all you are able to do--when I had my first baby (Sarah) I could not hold her and talk on the phone at the same time...and you are getting out and socializing and taking care of things and and and. Impressive. Resli is a welcome ray of sunshine in all of our lives...thanks for sharing.