8.13.2006

My first beach experience

So yes, this past weekend was my first trip to the beach. We had a very nice hotel room with great big mirrors. That part was great.

When we got there I got to have a little picnic for dinner too. Nothing beats a little ham and cheese on the floor.

I got this awesome fish floaty thing for the water and was very excited to go to the beach the next day.

LET ME OUT! I WANT TO PLAY!

Well, it turns out that I don't really like the ocean. Hard to believe, I know, but I cried and wimpered and wouldn't let go of Daddy in the water. Even with my very pretty bathing suit and my supercool aquasox.

I contented myself with playing in the sand and digging things.

I set off to make my fortune in shells, but then Mama and Daddy said the sun was too hot and we had to leave. I could have been a wealthy little girl...

This fountain in front of the hotel was, in fact, the only water I wanted anything to do with. No oceans or pools for me! (I'll give you one guess who picked out the shoes I'm wearing in this picture!)

So we actually came home from our trip a day early. . .
Maybe when I'm older I'll learn to like the beach better?

1 comment:

Dr. L said...

Resli,
you are TOO cute in your little swimsuit and hat. I hope you enjoyed your float! That's one of my favorite things to do at the beach!