1.10.2009

Eeew, GROSS!

We went to the Florida Museum of Natural History this afternoon. There's an exhibit there called Grossology and it's all about the gross things our bodies can do. We spent a while in there because it was all hands-on and very geared towards kids.
My favorite part was playing in the digestive tract. Here I am heading in the mouth;
sliding down the esophagus (sure, I'm making a funny face - wouldn't you if were sliding down the inside of someone's throat?!?);
chillin' in the stomach;
and finally coming out as, well, you know what.

I tried to get Lela to go digestive with me, but she wasn't that in to it.
She preferred this snot monster guy (who totally freaked me out),
and she spent a while with some big kids learning about burps. She liked the noise they made!
The exhibit closes tomorrow, so I'm glad we got to go today. Fun AND educational! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great exhibit! I'm sorry I missed it.
xo
Nana

Dr. L said...

Looks very fun even though it's "gross"!

Anonymous said...

THAT IS A GROSSLY FASCINATING PLACE,AND IT'S A GOOD THING YOU DIDN'T BUMP YOUR HEAD ON THE TONSILS. GRANDADDICK