1.15.2009

Pajama party!

There was this really neat party at our school tonight - it was a PJ Party! I got to take a bath as soon as I got home from school and put my pajamas on and then go back out - how weird is that!?!? Look, here I am in the school, all dressed as if I were going to bed!

We all sat on the floor in a circle and had cookies and milk (before dinner, another crazy thing!).

And then they read us stories! This one was about animal sounds, and Lela and I did very well.

I got a little bored and did some rolling and dancing. (And it was right about this time that I ran in to the center of the circle and yelled, "OK, can everyone focus on ME for a minute now?" No, Mami wasn't totally mortified...)

Then we did the hokey pokey!

And then we even got to do a craft activity. We made trees, because Tu B'Shevat is coming up soon.

Then I kind of got tired and overwhelmed and sat in the corner for some quiet time.

But was immediately rejuvenated by the opportunity to take pictures with the special guest, The Cat in the Hat!

That's my friend Jennie on the left, then Riley, then me, and then Raquel.

We had a fun time, but boy was I ready for bed when I got home! Lela was too - we get kind of weird when our schedules get thrown out of whack.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"OK, can everyone focus on ME for a minute now?"
OMG. How was this received? I'm proud of you, Resli, for recognizing your needs and making them known.
xo
Nana

hlward said...

Not shy, my eldest. Not by a longshot.

Unknown said...

Not lacking in self-esteem, either.
xo
Nana

Dr. L said...

Wow looks like a fun time! I never get to wear my pjs to school (They might fire me if I did!)