1.10.2009

The Butterfly Rainforest

We also stopped by the Butterfly Rainforest while we were at the museum. I continue to be scared of butterflies and prefer to hide behind someone whenever possible.

Lela, on the other hand, loves them and kept wanting to reach out and touch one.

We were there for a "release", where they let the recently hatched/grown butterflies fly out of their boxes for the first time.

It was pretty cool. (They were mostly Monarchs and Blue Morphos, but lots of other kinds too. Can you see the Monarch flying away in front of the box?)
When you leave, you have to stop in front of this big mirror and make sure there are no "hitchhiker" butterflies on you trying to sneak inside. I just liked the mirror.

I keep telling Mami and Daddy that I'll be cured of my lepidopterophobia by the next time. They say we'll keep going to the rainforest until I am. Which is fine with Lela, she can't seem to get enough of them!

1 comment:

Dr. L said...

very fun and butterflies are so beautiful!