1.21.2009

Monkey Subs!

I may never have mentioned this before, but one of my favorite weekly (or almost weekly) treats is going out to dinner at the Monkey Sub Place. I call it Monkey Sub Place because there's this HUGE monkey in there!

We've been coming here since I was little and didn't know the word for gorilla, so I called ol' Kong "monkey" or "mono" - and that's the name that stuck. Now Lela's calling him a monkey too, even though she's a little timid around him still. (I was too at first.)

(Sure, the restaurant has a real name, it's called "Larry's Giant Subs,", but who is Larry? I don't know any Larry.)
Not only do we like it there because of the monkey, but they happen to have pretty darn good sandwiches too.

Lela and I love their turkey subs!

Tonight, we had a special treat: my friend David came with his parents to eat dinner with us!
He showed me a neat trick with a straw that his mom taught him.

And I think he liked his sandwich too, although he wouldn't go over and see the monkey with me. Maybe next time.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe the monkey's real name is Larry.

hlward said...

I always thought "Kong" just HAD to be a stage-name.

Dr. L said...

Wow - looks like an entertaining dinner place!

Adam said...

Dude, that monkey's terrifying. I'm surprised y'all can even eat around it.