11.20.2006

Here I come, Music City USA!

Mami had to present a couple talks at the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages convention this past weekend, in Nashville, TN, so we all went along for the trip!
After a long day of cars, trams and airplanes, we finally arrived in our hotel Thursday afternoon. Boy was I glad to sit down and put my feet up!

I also thought it was very important to get our room service breakfast order taken care of right away... you don't want to leave these things for the last minute! I want yogurt and cheerios - what about you guys?

It was very cold in Nashville, so I had to wear my warmest clothes. And of course, since it is the home of country music, I had to wear my jeans with a guitar on them!
(Mami did the preppy sweater thing to me, but I immediately tore it off.)

We went to eat one night at SATCO (San Antonio Taco Company), which Mami says used to be one of her favorites when she was an undergrad at Vanderbilt. I quite like the tacos, myself.

On Saturday Daddy and I went to the Country Music Hall of Fame. (Ha ha, Mami had to work and Daddy and I got to do cool stuff!)
I was really interested in these instruments.
[No flash photography allowed in the museum, please pardon the blur!]

And I was fascinated with this wall of records. I was immediately drawn to Willie Nelson's, which made Daddy very proud.

By Sunday, I was ready to come home.
There were some empty seats on the plane so I got to sit in a seat all by myself with my own seatbelt and everything.

Mami and Zoe were right there next to me, of course.

Do you think if I flap my arms like a bird it would make the plane get to Florida faster??

2 comments:

Dr. L said...

Resli - it was great to meet you and your daddy! And, we enjoyed haning out with your mami, too!

Anonymous said...

Resli ... seems we have a communication problem. I sent a comment and it never went through. Now, Ellie and I are looking at your Nashville journey and your lovely face and we are delighted with all of you and Mami and Daddy and your doings and comings and goings. ( I must ask your Mom (Mami) to set me up with whatever code I need to write to you without interference.) By the way, with all this flyin' around, do you have a frequent flyer number? Love, DICK AND ELLIE