4.19.2007

Taking care of Daddy again

Longtime fans of Resli's World will remember a few months ago when Mami went to a conference (that means a big meeting) in Canada and it was my job to take care of Daddy. Well, since Daddy and I both survived that trip, Mami accepted an invitation to another conference this week, so I'm taking care of Daddy again. Daddy was a little worried, but I told him it would be ok, and so far it's been lots of fun.














Daddy doesn't really know how to put my boots on, so I took over. We worked on this for quite a while this morning, but as Kenny Rogers once said, you gotta know when to fold 'em. I don't really know what that means, but Daddy said it right before we decided I was going to wear sandals to school today.














By the way, Mami's conference is in a place called Kentucky. Daddy showed it to me on the map, but I'm having a hard time finding it again. He'll have to show me again tomorrow. Geography isn't my best subject - I'm much better at coloring and dancing.














Daddy and I made a nice pasta dinner (ok, mostly Daddy made it - I had to take care of Dora, you know). But it just wasn't the same without Mami there. And why is my pasta all different colors?














I finished it all anyway. Even the red ones. Then I ate some apple slices and some grapes and lots of Cheerios for dessert. Yeah, I know not everyone likes Cheerios for dessert, but I do, and it's my dessert.














Daddy helped me take a bath (it wasn't a hair-washing night, so it was lots of fun) and helped me get dressed and then Mami called us on the phone! I had fun talking to her, but I think it's a lot more fun to push the buttons on the phone than talk on it. I told Mami that Daddy's ok and I'm taking care of everything so she shouldn't worry.














Whew! What a long day. I'd better get a good night's rest so I can take care of Daddy tomorrow and Saturday.

3 comments:

Gillian Lord Ward said...

I'm so glad you guys are having fun! It looks like Thursday was quite eventful and busy, for you both. I miss you a lot, Resli, and I think about you all the time. But I feel so much better knowing that you're taking such good care of Daddy while I'm away. (Don't worry, we'll help him figure out how to get those boots on you, they can be tough, Diego!) Thanks for being such a wonderful little girl and for helping Daddy so much. I miss you both, and I'll see you very soon...
Besos,
Mami

Dr. L said...

Resli, It looks like you are having a great time with your daddy! Your maman and I were talking about you at dinner and hoping to see some picsuWhat a fun surprise to see some after we got back to the hotel!

Unknown said...

Lucky Daddy! And what a great blogger he is.
nana