2.26.2008

Another first... my first head trauma!

I was running around and dancing with my friend Hannah Grace at school today when we crashed into a wall. Well, I crashed into the wall, I think I cushioned Hannah Grace's fall quite nicely.
So Mami came to pick me up and we went to see Dr. Grooms so she could see if my head was OK. Even though it hurt a lot, I stayed in a good mood at the doctor's office and ate my raisins and sang silly songs with Mami to pass the time while we waited.

Then Dr. Grooms and Miss Kay cleaned out the cut and we saw that it wasn't as big as we thought it was. (It bled a lot!) See? Not that bad.

But it was still bleeding a good deal, and it was pretty deep, so they wanted to close it up so it would heal and stop hurting me.
I was a very brave girl, and only cried a little when they stuck me with needles and wiped me with gauze and then stapled my head together! Ta-daaa:

All better! Well, it still hurts a little, but at least on its way to being better. And I managed to find a smile for the camera when we got home.

And I was sure to tell Lela all about it. She was very worried about me, but I told her I was going to be fine.

And I told her to please be careful when she starts dancing around!

3 comments:

Dr. L said...

Oh my goodness. You are a brave girl Resli. I'm sure this gash hurt a lot. I'm glad you are smiling again!

Melissa said...

You poor dear! Tell your Mami I have two ideas for her:

1. call the staples "special barrettes for your skin" (courtesy of Krista!)

2. tell Resli about the time her mother (the smartest person in the whole world) stapled her own two fingers together...!

xoxo

Erica said...

La verdad que sí que eres una niña muy valiente. Espero que ya no te duela y ya te hayan quitado esas grapas.