9.07.2008

I'm a paper bag princess

You all know that I love my princess books and stories, and I enjoy pretending to be Ariel, Jasmine, Cinderella, Snow White or Sleeping Beauty. But I recently discovered a book about a different kind of princess, and it's become one of my favorites too. The book is The Paper Bag Princess (by Robert Munsch, with illustrations by Michael Martchenko).

(click on the image to hear the author read the book!)
We've been reading it so much lately that when Mami got a paper bag at the grocery store, she decided to make it in to a dress for me, just like Elizabeth does in the story.

It was definitely different than the princess dresses I usually wear, but I sure enjoyed hanging out in it. It's good for dancing too!

And Mami definitely likes the idea of a princess that can be strong and smart!

No comments: