9.28.2008

OH. MY. GOODNESS!

I had just about the most exciting day of my three-and-a-half years yesterday: we went to Disneyworld! Let me tell you about it.
We had to leave really early to drop Lela off at Grandma's house and hit the road for the two-hour drive down there. I got to drink milk and eat a breakfast bar in the car - pretty fun, huh?
Then after what seemed like forEVER, we saw this sign:
Yep, Magic Kingdom. After parking and taking the monorail (one of the few things Mami remembers from her trip to Disney, 30 years ago!), we entered the kingdom. The first thing we saw, aside from all the people, was the great big castle!
We got closer and there was a show starting. It was Mickey and all his friends singing about how Disney is where all your dreams come true.
At this point, I turned to Daddy as asked him if he thought my dreams would come true. He asked me what my dream was, and I said, "To meet all the princesses."  It turns out that dreams really do come true, because the next place we went we got to do just that!
First, was Cinderella. I was happy to see her, but I think I was in shock too, because I didn't stay long to chat with her:
 Sitting next door to her was Belle, and I did have a little more of a conversation with her. We talked about all the princesses I had on my clothes and shoes and stuff.
And I posed for a picture with her before taking off.
The third princess there was Sleeping Beauty. We smiled and laughed and talked.
We talked about fairies.
I know you won't believe it, but that was just the beginning of my day!
We went on a carousel ride where we rode horses, just like Nana does.

And then we stopped in a little garden and saw Belle, where she read us a story. (You know, Belle loves to read. Mami says that's why she's her favorite princess.)

Then we went to Ariel's Grotto. I was blown aaway by the rocks and water fountains. I sat there and pretended to be Ariel, singing the songs from the movie, for pretty much the whole hour we had to wait in line. 

(I didn't know what we were waiting in line for, of course, the grotto itself seemed pretty darn neat to me!)

But it turns out that Ariel was at home inside her grotto, waiting to meet me!

 I loved meeting her, especially because she was on my shirt too! We had a nice conversation about her glittery tail.

After that, we did a few more things that we don't have pictures of, like the It's a Small World ride and the Magic Carpet Ride. 
Then, because we were hot and tired, we stopped to get ice cream and to check the score of the Gator game.
(Chocolate, and they lost, unfortunately.)
The last thing we did was go on the Snow White ride, but it was dark and scary in there so we don't have any pictures of that. Then we headed back to the parking lot and got back in the car.
I was exhilirated but totally exhausted and about 10 minutes into the drive back home I fell asleep.
The perfect ending to the greatest day ever! I wonder when we'll go back...?

5 comments:

hlward said...

I've been to Disney many, many times, but I've never had as much fun as this time! Resli was SUCH a big girl all day.

Dr. L said...

Wow - I can't believe you met so many princesses! That's so exciting. I bet you'll dream about it for weeks :-)

Unknown said...

Too wonderful!
xo

Erica said...

Wow! What a great day you had, Resli. If you didn't like those lines, tell your mom that next time you go you should go in May. You won't have to stay in line at all.

Jen said...

This is the best blog ever! After hearing about every princess everyday I am glad she got to them them! This was priceless!