5.26.2007

Busy Saturday Morning with Daddy

Wow, what a fun Saturday morning Daddy and I had. I let him sleep a little late today (almost seven o'clock!), then we helped each other get dressed and I had a little breakfast. After that we talked to Mami on the phone and watched a little Diego and Backyardigans on TV, but Daddy had some surprises in store for me. He hadn't had breakfast yet, so he took me to a restaurant I hadn't been to before called Waffle House. He seemed to be pretty excited about it, so I humored him.

Sometimes you have to wave the menu around to get the waitress' attention, but they were very nice. They brought us huevos and a pancake (Daddy called it a waffle, but I wanted to call it a pancake, so I did) and something called "scattered, smothered and covered hash browns." I ate all the huevos and let Daddy eat the other stuff. He said Uncle John would be dissapointed that I didn't try that scattered and smothered stuff.
The we went to the Butterfly Rainforest inside the Florida Museum of Natural History! BOY was it fun! It was just like being in an episode of Diego, except everything was real (and there weren't any whales).
This is one of the millions of butterflies we saw there. I like this kind. Especially when they don't land on me. I did think it was the height of hilarity when one landed right on Daddy's head though ...
I thought it would be a good idea to sing to the butterflies, so I gave them a few bars of "castaways" from the Backyardigans. Hi butterflies!
Then we went inside the museum and looked at bones and stuff. Daddy was pretty excited about it, but by that time I really wanted to lounge around a bit. This bench in the wetlands exhibit seemed like a good opportunity ...
As we were leaving we looked at this really big shark jaw. I wasn't too sure how to feel about that.
But I figured it out pretty quickly. I'm OUTTA here! Daddy, didn't you say something about going to Grandma's house now?

1 comment:

Gillian Lord Ward said...

WOW, Resli, what an exciting and adventurous morning you and Daddy have had! (I don't know about that Waffle House place, I think maybe we'll let Daddy and Uncle John eat there and you and I can stay home and eat grapes...) The museum looks like it was great fun, and I'm glad you liked the butterflies. The shark jaw scares me too, so you're right to run away. I hope you're having fun and Grandma and Granddaddy's house right now, and I'll see you soon. Te quiero.