5.30.2007

Mami came back from Texas! And then she and Daddy went away again... But now they're home again!

Mami came back from her conference in Texas last Sunday. I was so happy to see her that I ran into the driveway and yelled "My Mami my Mami my Mami!" over and over, and I ran right in to her and gave her the biggest hug ever. We hugged sitting on the driveway for a while. Daddy and I had a great time together, but there's nothing better than having both parents home!

So luckily, the next day was Memorial Day and nobody went to work or school. Mami and Daddy and I spent the whole day together going to parks and playgrounds and all kinds of fun things. And then for dinner we went to a Mexican restaurant. Sometimes it takes a long time for your food to come (even if you yell "my comida!" at everyone that walks by!), so the best way to pass the time is by shaking your head side to side really fast, like this:

See? It worked! This looks like a lot of food for a girl my size, but believe me, I like me some tacos!

When we finished eating, Daddy and I climbed two sets of stairs and peeked over the railing at Mami. She saw us, eventually!

By the way, I'm wearing my Kentucky t-shirt in these pictures because Mami didn't bring me a t-shirt home from Texas. She said that they were $17 -- I don't really know what that means, but apparently it means I don't get a t-shirt!

So after all that fun, Mami and Daddy left me again! (Shocking, I know.) It was their anniversary, so I guess they're allowed to get one night away. They went to St. Augustine and had a really fancy dinner, from the looks of this photo:

I spent the night at Grandma and Granddaddy's house, and just to get Mami and Daddy back for leaving me, I decided to throw up on Grandma a few times. Sorry, Grandma.

I seem better today. I don't have a fever or anything and I'm acting better, but I don't have much appetite, either. I did manage to suffer my way through a popsicle.

And I even managed a cheezy grin to show how happy I am that everyone's home again.

As far as I know, nobody is going away again any time soon...

1 comment:

Dr. L said...

Resli - you sure do like you some tacos! I admire your healthy appetite :-)

I"m glad your mami and daddy had a nice anniversary celebration, too!