5.21.2007

A pox on our house?

I woke up Sunday with a rash on my arms and legs, which started slowly spreading to the rest of my body. We were afraid it might be chicken pox
. . . but we hoped it would be all gone by Monday.
Alas, no luck. This is how I woke up Monday - much much worse, with this rash all over my body.

We're pretty sure now that it isn't chicken pox, it doesn't look like it, but what on earth is it?

The weird thing is, I don't have a fever and I feel pretty much fine. See, I can even give a cheezy smile!

We're going to see Dr. Grooms this morning, so we'll have an update soon...

UPDATE (from Mami)
Dr. Grooms says this is just an allergic reaction. To what, we're not entirely sure. We can't think of any kind of food or product that it could be, and Dr. Grooms says that kids can get allergic reactions to viruses. (Weird, huh?) She said to take Claritin, soak in oatmeal baths (how luxurious, for someone already scared of the bath!), and wait for it to pass. But in the meantime she's not contagious or feverish or sick at all, so she got the green light to go back to school. She couldn't wait to go play with her friends. The first thing she told everyone was that her name, today, was "Goofy Polkadots!"

2 comments:

Dr. L said...

Oh dear, Resli. I know why your mami was alarmed. I hope you are doing better and that the rash is going away!

Erica said...

Oh, poor Resli! Did your mom find out what did you react to? She must've been pretty alarmed, I bet.

But I think you were feeling ok, to come up with that name. I love it. You cracked me up!