6.19.2007

Swimming lessons

I'm taking swimming lessons this summer! I have two weeks of class, we meet every evening for half an hour, and yesterday was my first day. We were all a little apprehensive since last time I went swimming I hated it, but I really loved class yesterday and today.
Here's a picture of me and Mami just getting in the pool for the first time. Look how happy we are!

One of the first things they showed us was how to blow bubbles. I don't quite get that, since you have to put your face in the water to blow them the way the teacher was - why would I want to do that?

Then we worked on kicking. Now THAT I'm very good at! (Diego swims and kicks a lot on his TV show, so I was primed for it I guess.) I kept yelling over to Daddy, "Look, Daddy! I'm swimming!"

They had these cool kicking bars we could use to help us, although I seemed to want to stand up straight with it.

Every now and then we had to take a time out to fix the Dora-kini, which likes to ride up.

And then Mami and I smiled at each other a lot because we were having so much fun.

I'm learning so much and having a great time. After class we dry off quickly and I get to put on a special polka dot "jacket" to go home from the pool. Mami says this used to be her jacket, but I say finders keepers...

Nothing like a half hour of swimming to work up a real appetite, yummy dinner!

I can't wait to go back to the pool tomorrow!

1 comment:

Dr. L said...

How fun! I bet the pool water felt very nice on such a warm day. Your new swimsuit is so cute Resli!