6.12.2007

Going on a "nature walk"

Last weekend we went on a nature walk. (I don't think I knew what a nature walk was before, but I do now, and I want to go on more! I keep telling people, "Bye bye! I'm going on a nature walk!")
The first thing we did was put on our sunscreen and our hats, because the sun is really strong here.

Then we were off. Most of the time, all Mami and Daddy saw was the back of me, I was running ahead of them the whole time. I was so excited, there was so much to see!

I had to explore every little corner, tree, stick and bridge.

It's very important, though, to stay hydrated during these nature walks. (If anyone could teach me how to drink out of a bottle without putting my mouth around the entire bottle, I'm sure my parents would appreciate it!)

And a few goldfish are essential to any nature walk as well.

After all that running and walking and exploring in the sun, I got tired. (I ran/walked a mile by myself though, if you can believe that!) Lucky for me, I had a horse named "Mami" who was willing to give me a ride.

And even better, I could lie down and nap on Mami's head at the very end of the walk!

But even though I got really tired, it was a great nature walk. I hope we get to go again soon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll go! I'll go! I want you to show me everything, Resli!
xo
Nana

Dr. L said...

What a fun idea! I'm glad you liked your nature walk Resli and I hope you get to go on another soon. If you come to Columbia to visit, we'll check out the Congaree Swamp nature walk!
http://www.nps.gov/cosw

Anonymous said...

FELICITACIONES GILLIAN!!!! Resli must be so excited for a brother or sister!!!!
Besos,
Kate