6.03.2007

Max's birthday party

Yesterday was my friend Max's 3rd birthday party. (Some of you will recall that I also went to his first birthday party, as well as his second. My, how time flies...)
This year, Max had his party at O2B Kids, which is basically a huge indoor playground. Mami and Daddy said it was "overwhelming", but I'm not sure what they meant, there were just tons of fun things to do. The first thing we did was explore this ball pit. I was a little hesitant at first...

But then I got really into it.

Until all the big 3-yr-old boys came in to play too, then I got scared and had to climb out.

After that we went to the Music Room, where they wanted us to play musical chairs. I don't know if you've ever tried to play musical chairs with 10 3-yr-old boys, one 2-yr-old girl, and an 18-month-old boy (my friend David), but it's a bit of a challenge, to be sure. Max's mommy and I were the only ones even trying to play, everyone else was just goofing around.

So we gave up and played the piano for a while.

Then we did the hokey pokey - now THAT'S something I can do really well! I was on stage showing off for all those boys.

Our next adventure was the Art Room, where we all got to draw on a big huge card for Max. My masterpiece was small, but a valuable contribution to the overall product, I'm sure.

Our last stop of the morning was the Trampoline Room. They had this big trampoline that you could jump up and down on. And if you had Daddy to help you, you could jump way up and out...

... and land in this big pit of soft mushy blocks. I look a little dazed in this picture, but I really enjoyed the jumping and flying parts. It was just really hard to get out of the blocks once you were in them. Even Mami got stuck in there when she tried to help me out.

Finally, it was lunch time. We had pizza and lemonade and then birthday cake! Daddy helped me eat and drink out of my big girl cup.

Then we had to leave. It was my nap time, even though the older kids probably stayed longer to open presents and stuff.
After my nap, I was allowed to open my gift bag from the party, which had a balloon and a toy whistle... and a lollipop! For my first lollipop ever (as far as we know), I knew exactly what to do with it. Mmmmm...

We hope you had a great birthday party, Max! I sure had fun, thanks again for inviting me!

1 comment:

Dr. L said...

Wow - what a fun place! So many things to explore and do. I"m sure Max had fun celebrating with you!