7.05.2007

Celebrating the 4th of July

We had a big party at my house on the 4th of July. (As if we hadn't had enough parties around this house lately!)
Mami and Daddy told everyone they had to wear red, white and blue to get in to the party, so I of course had to get all gussied up too.

And then lots of people came over. We had barbecue, cake, tons of good food and a lot of fun. I like having "mucha gente" over to my house, I keep telling Mami and Daddy that. (We think I get this from my great-grandmother Dorothy, whom I know as Gaga - she was much more social than my mami is, I get my party genes from her...)
To help pass the time outside, we got a new water toy - it's a water ring sprinkler kind of thing. (Mami says the pools, blowing them up and filling them up and emptying them etc., are just too much hassle...) I wasn't honestly sure about this water thing at first.

But then Mami, er, "helped" me get wet.

After that, I wanted to just keep running in and out of the water all afternoon!

It was so much fun, I didn't even want to stop when the sun went away, it started raining, and my lips turned blue!

But finally I went inside and put on some dry clothes so I could play with my friend Max. I showed him all the toys in my room and we would have played there for hours if our parents hadn't made him go home eventually.

I hope you all had as wonderful a 4th of July as we did!

1 comment:

Dr. L said...

Hi Resli, I just love your festive dress and necklace. I hope you had a nice 4th of July party!