7.28.2007

My beach adventure

Today we went on a big adventure. We (Mami, Daddy, Grandma, Granddaddy and I) went up to Jacksonville and had lunch with Aunt Lizzie. Then we went back to Lizzie's apartment and saw Uncle Brian. And because it was thundering and lightning, we had to hang out there for a little while. Just as well, Aunt Lizzie had a present for me - a very cute Elmo outfit, which I immediately had to put on!
I gave her a big hug to thank her (and THEN insisted on changing clothes).

Then, when the storm stopped, we all walked a few blocks... TO THE BEACH!

As I told Mami, "I was a little worried about it", maybe because I remembered how much I hated the beach last year when we went. But once I saw the sand ("the big sandbox") and the ocean, I got very excited. I took off running, chanting to myself, "Feet, feet, feet don't fail me now!" - probably because, if you're not used to sprinting at full speed on the sand, it can be tricky.

Then Daddy and Mami took me in to the water! At first, I thought it was a little cold. Or maybe I was just surprised that it was salty?

But then I got used to it and had a great time playing in the waves.

I ran in the water and out of the water and in again. It was just about the coolest thing I've ever experienced in my whole entire life.

Then, I remembered that we had toys to play with in the sand too.

Like this beach ball. Look at me dribble!

Then Grandma and Uncle Brian helped me dig a hole - which filled with water!

I had fun playing in my hole.

But eventually, after all that playing and swimming and running, it was getting late and we had to leave.
Bye bye beach.

I hope I can go back to the beach some time very soon. It was the most exciting and fun day I can remember!

1 comment:

Dr. L said...

Wow - what a fun day filled with so many activities! I'm glad you liked the beach, sand and waves this time, Resli!