6.07.2009

Doing a mitzvah

We learn all about "doing mitzvahs" in school. And although it may be a little confusing, I decided to perform a mitzvah by helping out at church. Our friend Kathy needed some help with the donations for our sister parish in Cuba, and I immediately volunteered to help.

Of course, the fact that they were in a red wagon may have made me a little more willing to help, but don't let that undermine your generous image of me.

I wheeled them all the way in to where they needed to go. And that was one heavy wagon!

Wasn't that a good thing to do? I was pretty proud of myself!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for you Resli! I am proud of you too. (If you're going to become a linguist, the plural is mitzvot.)

Unknown said...

PS I'm so glad that you realize that mitzvot cross all denominational lines.