6.09.2009

My first trip to the dentist!

It's been quite a week for me. I went to swimming lessons again this morning and then after that Mami and I went to the dentist. I'd never been before. 
At first, I had a hard time sitting in the special chair, I kept sliding down!
But then I figured it out. I was very brave and kept saying 'ahh', even when I didn't need to.
They got me all ready with this bib thing and sunglasses because they were using a bright light. And then they tilted me backwards and the nice lady counted my teeth. 

(20, in case you're wondering.)
Then she brushed them. She let me choose what flavor toothpaste I wanted. I chose orange.
And then when I was all shiny and clean, the dentist himself came in to look at me teeth. He counted them again (I guess he didn't trust Ms. Tina), and poked at each one of them to make sure it was ok.

Check out these pearly whites!

I did great. Mami was very proud of me! Then I played by myself in the little playroom they have there while Mami got her teeth cleaned. She was even prouder of that!
We get to go back in 6 months, at which point they said they might brave x-rays, but we'll see about that... those lead aprons probably weigh more than I do! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job! Did Mami sit the same way you did? And who put your sunglasses on? Did you get to keep them?

Dr. L said...

Wow! I'm certain your mami was proud of you. You are such a big girl!

Melissa said...

what a big girl! i'm so impressed. congratulations!