6.18.2009

"Mami got the tenure!"

Yesterday was a big day for two reasons. One, it's almost Mami's birthday, and two, she got some exciting news at work:


(I make it sound like a disease, "the tenure,"... But it really is a good thing!)
Lela and I were clearly very proud of her.
I did some jumping to show her just how much!

But we celebrated with an extra special treat: CAKE!
Don't be fooled, it's not just me and Lela that like cake, Mami's a fan of Publix buttercream icing herself:
We lit the candles and sang to Mami, and Daddy tried very hard not to burn himself with the sparkles. (The things he does for Mami... quite touching, really.)
Check out these looks of pure rapture on our faces as we watch the cake make its way in:
Mami opened our presents too, and will open the others on her real birthday. She seems happiest with the bow.
It was a nice little party!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day, Gillian. I hope you had a great birthday.Maleah and Ashlyn's Grammy