6.20.2009

So long, thumb!

For several weeks now, Mami and Daddy have been trying to convince me to stop sucking my thumb. For the post part, I ignored them. But then one day, pretty much on my own, I just up and decided that I wouldn't suck it anymore.
(I'm very strong willed. If you tell me the sky is blue I will swear it's fuschia. But if you tell me you don't care what color it is, I'll describe it in minute perfect detail...)
Sooo, anyway, for about two and a half weeks now, I simply have not sucked my thumb during the day at all. The only time I do it is during nap time or bed time, and even then just for a couple minutes. Mami and Daddy are very proud of me and Mami took me on a special treat today to celebrate what a big, thumbless girl I am - I got a real manicure and pedicure!
I was a little confused at first, what with the bathtub for my feet and all, but I adjusted pretty quickly. My pedicurist was extremely nice and gentle.
We washed my feet and then scrubbed them. (As if I have any callouses at my tender age!)
It tickled!
Then I got a calf massage. I tried to lie back and relax but it tickled a little too!
And then... we painted. I got to pick my own colors!
We painted my hands too. I picked a different color for them.
And here's the final product:
OK, here's a close-up. Fingers = bright purple, toes = turquoise!

I'm very proud of myself, and it was so much fun!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it (them)! Just what such a grown-up girl deserves.

Amy Lynn said...

Alexis is still holding on tight to her two fingers, but I showed her your pictures and we picked out pink sparkle-y polish today...wish us luck!
BTW I LOVE the blue toes!

Dr. L said...

Wow! Way to go! Colors are great!

Grammy Lomicka said...

I just love your nail color. Great choice of colors, Resli! Maleah and Ashlyn's Grammy