6.17.2009

Swimming progress

I've been making great progress in my swimming lessons. Tomorrow is the last day but Mami came with the camera today to document my work (since Lela is having her surgery tomorrow, I'm going to my lesson with Grandma).
Don't worry, no matter how good I get I will always start the day with a little Ariel pose.
(This is the one I mean: !)
Then I dip my hair in the water and get ready for fun.
One of the first things we work on every day is blowing bubbles. Check me out!
We've also learned to float on our backs, and I can almost do it now without sticking my legs straight up in the air.
In my down time while Ms. Amanda is helping the other girls, I like to practice putting my head under water. My friend Jayla looks at me funny when I do this.

I went so far under once that Ms. Amanda got a little worried and had to check to make sure I was doing this on purpose.
Note that Mami wasn't worried, she kept filming. Brave fearless blogger, she is.
But I was fine, I came right up smiling!
OK, a little wet and bedraggled sometimes, but happy!
My favorite part is by far the jumping in, still. And look how good I'm getting!:
But also, look how good I've gotten at kicking:
And even almost swimming!

I'm really hoping Mami will sign me up for some more lessons so I can keep learning!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so happy you love the water. You will be giving Ariel a run for her money in no time.